Impressive Ulster Blow Munster Away

RAILWAY CUP SEMI FINAL                                                                                                                                                  ULSTER 3-17                                                                                                                                                                                MUNSTER 1-15

Peter Harte was on fire with 1-8

A Peter Harte inspired Ulster side booked their place in next weekend’s final with an impressive eight point win over Munster.

The Tyrone half back kicked 1-8 in an impressive display.

Munster started the better with leading three times in the early stages thanks to three points for Paul Whyte.

Ulster got to grips as half time approached with Campbell and Lynn adding to Harte’s tally as Munster lost captain Aidan O’Mahony to a black card with 26 minutes played.

The Northern men launched a strong fightback as they hit 2-7 without reply with Derry’s Enda Lynn and Fermanagh’s Aidan Breen got the goals as Ulster led 2-9 to 0-6 at the break.

In the second half Munster stopped the rot scoring 1-3 to 0-1 in the early exchanges with Bannerman Jamie Malone getting the goal.

However Ulster remained in control throughout and finished the strongest as Campbell, Harte and McAliskey keeping the scoreboard ticking over.

Ulster won a penalty in the final stages as O’Driscoll pulled down Mark Bradley. Peter Harte was on hand finish the penalty into the net, bringing his personal tally to 1-8.

In the end Ulster ran out comfortable eight point winners and will face Connacht in next weekends final.

Connacht and Ulster will meet in the final on Saturday December 17th in Páirc Seán MacDiarmada in Carrick-on-Shannon with a 2pm throw in after Connacht won the toss.

Ulster: N Morgan (Tyrone); D O’Hagan (Down), K Clarke (Cavan), M Jones (Fermanagh); T McCann (Tyrone), C Moynagh (Cavan), A Breen (Fermanagh); E Donnelly (Fermanagh), C Vernon (Armagh); K Niblock (Antrim), P Harte (Tyrone), E Lynn (Derry); S Campbell (Armagh), C McAliskey (Tyrone), T Corrigan (Fermanagh).

Subs: M Bradley (Tyrone) for McAliskey (38), R Johnston (Down) for Lynn (43), N Sludden (Tyrone) for Moynagh (43), T Kernan (Armagh) for Niblock (46), D McCusker (Fermanagh) for McCann (50), G McGovern (Down) for Jones (59), McAliskey for Bradley (60), C Snow (Fermanagh) for Morgan (62).

Scorers for Ulster: P Harte 1-8 (1-0 pen, 4fs), S Campbell 0-5, T Corrigan 0-4 (2fs), E Lynn 1-0, A Breen 1-0.

Munster: E Comerford (Tipperary); K Hartnett (Clare), A Campbell (Tipperary), T O’Gorman (Waterford); I Corbett (Waterford), C Dorman (Cork), C O’Driscoll (Cork); G Brennan (Clare), A O’Mahony (Kerry); J Malone (Clare), P Whyte (Waterford), K O’Driscoll (Cork); E Cleary (Clare), T Walsh (Kerry), C Sweeney (Tipperary).

Subs: D Tubridy (Clare) for Cleary (20), P Hurney (Waterford) for Sweeney (20), B  Fox (Tipperary) for K O’Driscoll (28), D Treacy (Limerick) for O’Mahony (29, black card), R Deane (Cork) for Brennan (h/t), K Sexton (Clare) for Whyte (h/t), Brennan for Malone (39), K O’Driscoll for Walsh (44), Sweeney for Hurney (50), M  Quinlivan (Tipperary) for Treacy (54), C Hendrick (Tipperary) for Comerford (59).

Scorers for Munster: P Whyte 0-4 (3fs), J Malone 1-0, D Tubridy 0-3, I Corbett 0-2, G Brennan 0-1, T Walsh 0-1, B Fox 0-1, K Sexton 0-1, R Deane 0-1, C Sweeney 0-1 (f).

Referee: A Nolan (Wicklow).